In this section, find out about the facilities at our school.
Our Environmentally Friendly School
Due to our “country” location, Cedar Creek State School embraces the opportunity to be environmentally friendly and teach our students environmental awareness.
- We use water tanks to collect rainwater for drinking.
- We use filtered river water to flush our toilets.
- We recycle glass bottles, plastic containers, cans, papers, cartons and cardboard.
- We collect suitable food scraps to use in our worm farm or to take home for our “chooks”.
- We try to recycle in the classrooms rather than filling up the bins.
- We happily share our school with the native wildlife.