Our School Family
At Cedar Creek State School we learn together as a family. Our Cedar Creek family is made up of:
- parents and caregivers
- other community members and organisations
- the wildlife
Like all families our students are very supportive each other in and outside the classrooms. Students have a say in their school life through goal setting with their teachers and via the Student Council. Student representatives from Prep to Year 6 are elected by students to be executive officers on the Student Council.
Our parents and caregivers
Parents and caregivers of our students are encouraged to take an active role in the education of their children. Parents and caregivers are welcome and encouraged to:
- meet with their children’s teachers to discuss their children’s learning and wellbeing;
- participate in a variety of activities and other events;
- volunteer in the classroom; and or
- become an active member of the P&C
Our dedicated, supportive and caring staff have a range of experiences, skills and knowledge. Our staff consists of:
- The Leadership team (Principal, Head of Curriculum, Support Teacher Literacy and Numeracy, Teaching and Learning Innovator)
- Teaching staff (classroom teachers, specialist teachers [PE, Classroom and Instrumental Music, LOTE, STEM, Guidance Officer, Teacher-in-charge Special Education Program)
- Support staff (Business Manager, Administration Officers, Teacher Aides, Cleaners, School Officer, Computer Technician, Chaplain)
Our other community members and organisations
We regularly work with other community members and organisations in order to provide the best possible education and support for are students and their families.
We are lucky to have many birds and other native wildlife share our school ground. Our wildlife is an important part of what makes our school unique. However, from time to time, the wildlife like to make our school buildings their home. When this happens we try to embrace them and use their visit as a learning experience. Our most recent visitor, Pete the Possum made his new home in our junior amenities block. Thanks to the Albert Valley Wilderness Society we were able to provide Pete with a nesting box in one of our trees.