Every day counts
Did you know? Research shows that in Queensland, higher student attendance at school is associated, on average, with higher student achievement.
Why is regular attendance at school important?
Regular school attendance will mean that your child gets a better chance at life. Your child will achieve better when they go to school all day, every school day:
- they learn better
- they make friends
- they are happier
- they have a brighter future.
School absenteeism and student attendance is a complex issue which includes a range of student behaviours including school refusal and truancy.
Parents, caregivers and
schools can access strategies to improve student attendance through the Every day counts
Every day counts is a state wide initiative that aims to assist in improving student attendance at school through a shared commitment by students, parents, caregivers, schools and the community.
To do this, Every day counts promotes four key messages:
- all children should be enrolled at school and attend on every school day
- schools should monitor, communicate and implement strategies to improve regular school attendance
- truanting can place a student in unsafe situations and impact on their future employability and life choices
- attendance at school is the responsibility of everyone in the community.
Refer to our Student Attendance Policy for more details.
Every day counts website
Attendance routines from Prep
Every Day Counts Johnathon Thurston Campaign