Koala Joeys Family Program
8.50am – 10am in the Library on Tuesday mornings.
The Koala Joeys Family Program – from Bump to Big School has been specifically designed to be delivered in schools for the younger members of the school community.
It focuses on empowering parents and carers to use nursery rhymes, songs, dance, movement and stories as a tool to form secure attachments. Early years brain development, social and emotional development, child development knowledge, early literacy and early numeracy information is shared during the program. Parents gain skills in a fun, interactive and supportive environment.
The Koala Joeys Family Program is a universal program – non-discriminatory and non-targeted and held once a week for 1 hour during school terms. All parents and carers with their children – from bump to big school are welcome to attend the Koala Joeys Family Program at Cedar Creek State School, run during Term time and are encouraged to become a part of our fabulous school community.
Koala Joeys children have the opportunity to:
Koala Joeys parents and carers
- Gain self esteem
- Develop improved language, literacy and numeracy skills
- Develop good listening skills
- Develop social skills appropriate for prep
- Become comfortable in the school environment
- Have fun interacting with other children and adults
have the opportunity to:
- Improve and enrich their interactions with their children by sharing rhymes, stories and songs
- Gain parenting skills in a fun, interactive and supportive environment
- Improve their knowledge of social and emotional development, child development knowledge, early literacy and early numeracy skills
- Develop a new network of friends
- Become an active member of a supportive and caring community
- Build strong relationships with the school community